Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Faux graniteware technique

Have you tried Wendy Vecchi's faux graniteware technique?  This was my first attempt on something metal and certainly won't be my last!  I found an old grungy muffin pan at the thrift store.  Cleaned it up and sanded the top just a bit.  I created masks to cover each muffin because I wanted a nice, clean rim around them.  I pounced Red Geranium Archival Ink over the top and masks then poured Red Geranium Embossing Powder over the wet ink.  After removing the excess I pulled off the masks so I could heat set the embossing powder.  Once the metal had cooled I overstamped it with the background stamp from Ticket To Art LCS001 (splatter) using Snow Cap White Pigment Ink.  Let dry.  Added my tea lights and this is now ready for one of our dining tables at Christmas.  I accent my kitchen with red so this can be left out year round.  Yay!!!

Before....
...after!









If you haven't tried this technique and love the look of granite ware but maybe can't afford to buy the vintage pieces, this is the answer!  Thank you, Wendy, for such a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!! I am a blue granite girl and one grayish chamber pot I talked my Dad into buying for me at an auction many years ago. Happy, Healthy 2015! nise

    ReplyDelete