Saturday, December 13, 2014

Make a quilt

When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!  A friend lost his mother this week.  She was a quilter so this Stampin' Up set (Quilt Quips) is perfect.  The inside says 'May your sorrows be patched and your joys quilted'.  She was a wonderful lady and will be missed by her large family and wide circle of friends.  Catherine, now you are free to quilt without hesitation.


Envelope corner
The blue background is faux denim.  The quilt blocks were stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink onto watercolor paper and colored with Derwent Watercolor pencils.  I put them on a small black square of card stock to frame them.  The sentiment was also stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely.
    My husband died in July. I saved a bunch of his shirts. I have never made a quilt but I want to make one from his shirts. Big project but I think it will be therapeutic.
    diane @ thoughts and shots

    ReplyDelete