Friday, August 31, 2012

A Studio 490 postcard

I send out a lot of birthday postcards.  It used to be a simple, inexpensive way to send a large quantity of birthday greetings.  It's still simple but not so inexpensive.  Here's the September version; it uses all Studio 490 stamps and Ranger archival inks.

This layered background technique was shown to me by my good friends over at Prairie Art Stamps who in turn learned it at Stampaway from ImpressionObsession*.  I've used a similar method in the past but not so much with a lot of background stamps.

All About Art (dots, sentiment): Crimson, Jet Black archival ink
Dimensional Rose Art (numbers background): Monarch archival ink
Be Inspired...Make Art (plaid background) Chrome archival ink
Nature's Art (leaf stems): Olive archival ink

Sakura Micron markers (squiggly border line)

*I couldn't find the tutorial but did find the 'cover-a-card' samples to be a big help in determining stamps and colors to use in a pleasing manner.  Their site offers quite a few samples of this technique; essentially you're making your own background papers.  Thank you, Judy and Pam, for sharing.  Sure wish I could have taken the class you offered on this technique.  IO has lots of really cool background stamps and I LOVE their mega mount stamp tool.

4 comments: