Monday, September 3, 2012

How can you resist???

That's the name of a challenge issued by the Frilly and Funkie blog.  I chose to use two resist methods on my journal page:  rubber cement and Tim Holtz's alpha masks.  I'm pretty sure I used every medium available by Ranger on this page and quite a few colors in each.  There are some Dylusions stamps and Hero Arts alphas.  Micron markers and a white Sharpie were used for a tiny bit of doodling..a very tiny bit.

I love the brushed look at the end of the swipes when using the rubber cement.  I think I'm going to use that more often.

The leaves look a bit disjointed since they're no longer joined together.  But since we're nearly into fall, I'll just pretend they're dropping off my trees one at a time.

Some other ways to resist are to use resist ink (well, duh), white pigment ink, tapes...I'm sure there are others but at the moment my gray matter just won't churn any more out.  If you haven't played with a resist technique in a while, isn't it about time you did?

Almost forgot..there's a $25 gift certificate at stake and a competition for the best project.  I do believe there's a blinkie for your sidebar if you get this honor.  The challenge closes at 11:59 ET on Tuesday, September 4 so you have a bit of time to try your hand at resist!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Susan! I really love the way you you've done the big word with the letters sort of cascading down like the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?!? Love your journal page! The leaves are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is super cool... You were really a busy girl while I was gone! Such fun inspiration!

    ReplyDelete