Thursday, October 27, 2011

Use 1 color

Now this could be quite difficult depending on the color you choose but with fall being my favorite season, orange being one of my favorite colors and Wendy's stamps another all-time favorite, how could I go wrong with this challenge hosted by Simon Says Stamp & Show blog?
The base of my project is a chunky ATC (2x4 scrap of wood).   Here's a summary of the products used:   grungepaper (bird, stamped twice, wing elevated), Art Parts (bottle - Borders & Bottles), shrink plastic (paint brush), Tim's kraft core cardstock (#7, #8) (pumpkin, leaves, branches), Clearly For Art (lightbulb), glassine paper (rose -Wendy's tutorial for gift card envelope), grungeboard (heart) and abaca ribbon, bakery twine, toothpicks.  The 3-D pumpkin is a flower stamp of Wendy's that I stamped 9 times and cut into layers, assembling it into 3 sections.  I ran the 9 pieces through the Divine Swirl embossing folder; all the leaves were run through the Damask embossing folder.

Studio 490 stamps:  Dimensional Rose Art (rose), Lower Case Art (flower aka pumpkin), Be Happy...Make Art (numerical chart background), I Am My Art (phrase), Steampunk Art (lightbulb), Label It Art (label on bottle-only used top portion)

Tim Holtz/Sizzix:  Autumn Gatherings die, Damask embossing folder

ProvoCraft:  Divine Swirl embossing folder, postage stamp die (label on bottle)

Ranger:  Venetian Orange, Monarch Orange archival inks; Sunset Orange Adirondack Bright; Spiced Marmalade Distress Crackle Paint; Rusty Hinge Distress Stain; Orange Peel Stickles; Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge distress inks; Peach Bellini, Sunset Orange, Terra Cotta acrylic paint dabbers, and l-o-t-s of Glossy Accents

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say 'knock knock' again?

I know....very old, very bad...but couldn't get it out of my head.

7 comments:

  1. wow..this is so impressive. I am awed. so many colors i have never used. Beautiful susan. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Susan! The whole thing totally rocks but the pumpkin and flower are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous - just love those rich seasonal tones and all your masterful detail... a really great design and so creative as always! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan...your chunky ATC turned out really cool! I love the orange tones....and all of the items you incorporated on this piece really DO make me think of autumn. Your dimensional pumpkin and rose are a neat touch! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love the color you chose..not a usual one, which is great! Love the chunky idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fun of not visiting your blog for awhile is having my 2nd cup of coffee and still engrossed in what you have been up to. This is incredible!

    ReplyDelete