Saturday, October 22, 2011

A 10-minute greeting card ala Tim

Jeepers, I haven't even posted my Halloween card that I sent out this year and here I'm blogging about the Thanksgiving card I'll be sending.  This is warped but that's just the way it is.  The newest Grungy Monday challenge was to make a greeting card, a la Tim, in 10 minutes or less.  Thankfully my idea came very quickly and was just as easy to do.

This is an A2 (quarter-size sheet) card that is very simple and works up so quickly.  My base card is off-white, the next layer a grayish green and the top layer is off-white with the wheat staff from Tim's Thankful Silhouettes stamped in Pebble Adirondack ink.  Using the large background stamp from the same set I clear embossed the whole stamp.  Numerous orange and brown distress inks were used to highlight the words.

I ran Tim's distressing tool around the edges of the grayish green layer and darkened the edges with Gathered Twigs distress ink.  I had some light green ribbon by Martha Stewart that I aged with one of the lighter brown distress stains. 

From shrink plastic I cut a Tattered Leaf  and colored it with Pesto, Butterscotch and Caramel alcohol inks.  Once it was shrunk and cool, I slipped it into the knot of the bow.

Thank you, Tim, for such a wonderful set of stamps to convey the message of the season.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Really makes a bold statement for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!
    Greetz Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! even more because of the message :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love how much detail those embossing folders give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration! Beautiful card! Where do you find envelopes for larger sized cards like this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I have shrink plastic and I even know where it is! I need to get making stuff! You are inspiring me on a dreary Monday Morning.

    ReplyDelete