Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome the autumnal equinox!

In the dark morning hours the autumnal equinox crept in.  But I was waiting for it.  I got my front porch decorated the other day and wanted to share it with all of you.  No, I didn't make anything here, just did all the combining of faux pumpkins, gourds, leaf garlands, flowers, etc.  In the near front left is a large rusty pumpkin face; his smile is an old rake head.  Behind it is a rusty tricycle (for decoration only).  The chair has no bottom but I did wrap the seat in chicken wire and coir matting so plants can sit in it.  The old rusty shovel has been painted with 'Autumn Thyme' and has a fall garland winding up the handle.  An old pair of canvas garden gloves are tied to the handle.

2 comments:

  1. What a great display! Happy Fall (or autumn as I would say, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a display on your front porch, I love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete