Sunday, September 11, 2011

Time 2 bloom

Not only did I make a second tag for the EWV 25th challenge but I also pulled out Ranger's Perfect Pearls which I hadn't used in a long time.  This tag features Studio 490's Rose Art Part 2 stamps.

Here's a sample of Ranger's new black #8 tag.  Isn't it neat?  I stamped the background stamp in the Perfect Medium and brushed Perfect Gold over the entire image.  For the berries I made a mixture of Forever Red and water.  I stamped and cut out one large rose and 3 smaller ones out of black cardstock.

Using a technique I learned from Kristy Dreyer back in 2002 I colored the petals using Forever Red Perfect Pearls and a scrap of Rubit Scrubit pad.  With a bit of PP on the pad mist lightly with water.  I swirled the pad on the cardstock to create multiple circles, especially on the petal edges.  The leaves were inked up with Perfect Medium and brushed with Forever Green.

The clock was stamped with clear embossing ink and heat set with clear embossing powder.  I spritzed it with a mix of PP FR and water before punching it out.  A game spinner from Tim gives the clock some hands. 

I brushed PP PG on black cardstock for one border and layered it onto another piece of plain black cardstock.  On top of this are Maya Road chipboard letters (Jonathan mini) that were inked up then heat embossed with Ranger's Frosted Crystal embossing powder - some cool texture to these.  Over this I brushed PP FG then wiped a bit off so they'd look aged. 

The number 2 is a metal charm that I painted with gesso before adding several layers of Black Enamel Accents.

Although we're nearing the first day of fall so 'time 2 bloom' is a bit late, I do hope you'll find time to 'bloom' in your happy space and make art!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, nice to see a black one for a change. The background is very effective and your Rose is very luscious . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing tag--I learned so much reading all the details on the techniques you used. I'm in a black tag Halloween swap so I'm going to try the Perfect Pearls on the tags. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Susan, your mojo keeps you going! lovely tag, love how you used the perfect pearls to add colors and shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I was wondering about what could be done with the black tags. Your project and technique is really neat. Maybe I need to invest in the perfect medium inkpad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally awesome, I love that black background! Very elegant and dramatic! Thanks for joining the MAC!

    ReplyDelete