Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall...my favorite time of year

and it's nearly here!  Fall arrives at 4:05 CDT Friday, September 23rd.  Can't wait!  It's a perfect day to pull down holiday decorations and get them displayed.  But how about I start with an inside decoration first? 

This chunky ATC was made for the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog.  This week's theme is to make an ATC.  I used to make tons of these and stopped for a while but when I saw chunkies, I knew I was ready to make more but in 3-D.

Front
 I started out painting my wood block (a 2"x4" isn't really 2x4 but 1.5x3.5x 2.5) with some distress stains and gesso.  Tim's new seasonal distress inks were used on the edges.

Ingredients:
*Studio 490 Art Parts - heart, flower; stamps:  Just Word Art, Lower Case Art, Nature's Art, Tools Of Art

*TH kraft glassine; Thankful Silhouettes emb. folder; Autumn Gatherings die; Grunge Blocks; Kraft-Core

*Claudine Hellmuth:  gesso, Matte Multi-Medium

*Ranger:  Jet Black, Coffee Archival Inks; grungepaper; Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive Distress Stains; Ripe Persimmon, Gathered Twigs, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Forest Moss, Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks; Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Rock Candy Distress Stickles; Butterscotch pigment ink; Pitch Black paint dabber

Techniques:  Faux enamel tag (Shelly Hickox 02-09-11); watercolor distress, faux printers blocks (TH)  

Back



Top

Side 1

Side 2


9 comments:

  1. Very nice!! I love the colors and distressing!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    **Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    **Like us on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Fall is my favorite time of year too - love this weather! Oh, and I'm so happy to see you use my technique, it looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan. I love your Fall-ish chunky ATC card. It's so cute!! SO much detail on every side! Very very cute. You did a super job! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ATC Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Susan! Love the idea of fall for the ATC, and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and elements on your ATC !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fall is so my favourite time of the year i decided to be born in that season! lol
    love your chunky atc. such rich colors and those embellies... yummi! it's a lovely home deco!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful ATC Susan! It puts me in mind of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie. Thanks for sharing. Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is utterly fabulous! I love the fall too, but live in Miami so I don't get to experience it. I grew up in upstate NY and it was always my favorite season. Your piece is simply wonderful! Everything about it is really special and it will make such a sweet fall home decoration ! Terrific job on the ATC challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete