Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alcohol Ink Monoprint

Time for another week's Compendium of Curiosities challenge on Linda's blog.  This week we're trying the Alcohol Ink Monoprint.  I chose Juniper, Cloudy Blue, Cool Peri and Silver Mixative alcohol inks.  The stamp is Tim's and I just happen to have these silver numbers that fit right over his image.  I colored the boy's hat and tie with Ranger Adirondack markers (Rust and Meadow).  Added a strip of sheet music that was distressed with Bundled Sage and Milled Lavender.  The same colors were applied to the tag base.  I'm so glad Linda gave us this challenge.  Like so many others I've read the book and thumbed through it numerous times but never sat down and worked through it step by step.  My tag collection is growing slowly but I'm really glad I bought a really large ring for them all!

9 comments:

  1. Stunning as always! Love that you've stuck your gloosy card on a tag - wish I'd thought of that!! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love how this turned out! I see some new AI colors going on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this turned out....gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, this is BEYOND cool! You composed an amazing little piece of art here, and your monoprinting looks great! Love the stamp choice, too, and the little numbers and sheet music tie it all together so well!

    Beautiful job, and I can't wait to see what you do next week!

    ♥~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle light colors you used on this one, I always veer towards the earthier darker ink colors, don't know why I don't use the lights more often. This turned out really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the composition of your tag - especially the sheet music and how you colored portions of the image.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Love all of the detail and your background turned out beautifully - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag, a great vintage feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your monoprint background and you've used it perfectly on the tag. x

    ReplyDelete