Sunday, July 18, 2010

Don't Stop Believing

Egads, it's Sunday already and Hels' challenge was posted so that I actually saw it Saturday night very late.  Oh, the ideas just coursed through my head all night.  However, what came out of them was nothing like what I had envisioned.  Samuel Adams evolved into Santa Claus!  Personally I prefer Sam Adams!

Mushroom pigment ink was swiped across the front several (!!!) times to cover up all the advertising.  Snowcap White pigment ink was used on the snowflakes; Black Archival ink on the text.  Made sure everything was dry then distressed the edges with several brown and the Black Soot distress inks.  Rock Candy Crackle Paint was wiped over the whole piece.  I smeared Snowcap White p.i. sparingly over some of the cracks.  Gold paint dabber was used to edge the piece.

Santa was also stamped in black archival but on 13 pt. tag card stock.  Fired Brick and Peeled Paint distress inks gave Santa his color.  Several layers of grungeboard scrap elevate him from the base.  The trees were stamped in Olive Archival on harlequin grungeboard; Peeled Paint and Pine Needles d.i. were layered on with the edges touched with Brushed Corduroy d. i.  Peeled Paint Distress Stickles were rubbed over the tree for a bit of glitz.  More grungeboard scrap lift them up.  Maya Road provided the star.

The copper believe idea-ology charm was edged with the Gold Paint dabber then scratched with a sanding block.  Just happened to look at Tim's keys and one says 'journey'.  Serendipity?  The Maya Road bingo number adds just the right touch.  Sandpaper roughed up a red bulldog binder clip before I applied brown, green and black archival inks to it. 

All stamps are Tim's.  But why have I been gravitating towards Christmasy things?  The heat?  Christmas in July????  I've learned to not question, just go with the flow. 

5 comments:

  1. Susan, you crack me up. A Sam Adams Santa! Your creativity was really flowing! What a fantastic piece! I think my fave technique on this one is the harlequin trees. I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, you are just so creative. I think I gotta have that Santa this year.... Adore your background here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, this is lush hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper - Christmas in July??? Bring on the turkey and trimmings please *not to mention the pressies ROFL*

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, this is Christmastastic! Love it, Susan! You're right, don't question, just go with it! Spectacular, and the use of the MR star is brill. Love the harlequin trees, too. The Sam Adams beer mat is a real HOOT! You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas art, I had the same idea re using Christmas. Yours is spectacular, love all the elements. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete