Sure hope you aren't tired of seeing these altered metal birdcages cuz I have quite a few more to make! I found them late spring at Michaels for a really good price so I couldn't resist getting more than I needed.
Believe it or not many of the grungeboard and grungepaper elements were naked leftovers from previous projects. All I had to do was color them. There's no way I can list the colors used on the individual pieces as I ended up trying out almost every DI color, quite a few pigment ink colors as well as numerous DI embossing powder colors on them. Some combos I wouldn't have thought about trying but when you're just messing around sometimes it all just works out right. Crackle paint and a paint dabber or 2 were even used on the grunge elements.
All the stamps are Wendy's (I think I used 11), lots of TH stuff (die cuts, idea-ology pieces, fragments, jump rings and tissue tape). The Prima flower (bottom) I've been holding onto for a very long time, wanting to use it on the 'perfect' project. The fragment with the calendar tissue tape was the last element to be added. I wasn't sure what the piece needed but when I spotted the new tissue tape roll on the floor I knew I had found it; especially when the month of July was staring me in the face.
I wanted the bird's wing to look more realistic than just adding a bit of grungeboard behind it to elevate it from the body. I did that but instead of gluing the centered piece of grungeboard behind the wing to the body I glued the blunt end of the wing - more like a hinge but it won't flap.
Bet my neighbor will be making a real flap when she receives this in 2 weeks for her birthday. Thank you for taking the time to read all the way to the bottom...if you did!