Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day cards - part 1


One of the blogs I follow is Mrs. C, one of my Gingerwood friends. Her cards inspire me as does her message of sharing them. The March 15 card inspired this Mother's Day card for my sisters.

Kraft paper on hot pink with some decorative paper thrown in. Not a color palette that fits either sister but I really like the combo so there you have it. My photography skills have the pinks looking quite different when they really are in the same family. I have no idea of the brands on anything I used. The only way I could achieve the white ink look was to go with a white acrylic paint on my Wendy Vecchi plaid background stamp. The Mother's Day stamp is Hero Arts.

I'll have my step-mom's Mother's Day card to share tomorrow and my mom's card on Mother's Day. I planted peach-tinged yellow dahlias in a large urn for my mom but gave it to her a few weeks ago when she was here.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card, Susan, love the plaid background with the white paint, looks kinda distressed!

    ReplyDelete