Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Using 140# watercolor cardstock I created my own plaid with flat paint brushes and distress inks and stains (Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed, Hickory Smoke).  I didn't always dry each color thoroughly before moving on to the next but I think that added to the look.  When I had the page completely covered in plaid, I misted it lightly and let it dry overnight.

I squished Black Soot distress stain on my non-stick craft sheet and added plenty of water.  Using my splatter brush I picked up enough color to randomly flick across the page.

I cut the cardstock to size and used a corner punch for the four corners.  The next layer is green and both rest upon a white A-2 card base.  More of the green cardstock was die cut using an old Sizzix shamrock die (38-0702) then misted with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold.

The sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly O295) was stamped slightly left of center in Jet Black archival ink. 

May your troubles be less,
and your blessings be more,
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment