Thursday, September 8, 2016

RAKs

I'm behind in returning RAKs so I thought I'd play with some of my older toys and see how creative I could be using newer coloring mediums.


The top layer is mixed media cardstock because I wasn't sure what coloring agents I would be using.  I ran the top one through the Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft 'Friends Forever' embossing folder and colored it with distress markers (Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber and Old Paper) and a water brush.

In the bottom one  I painted the embossing folder with Ranger's Pearl Paint before running the cardstock through the embossing folder.  Immediately wash your embossing folder unless you want it pearlized forever! Using the mini ink pads in the same colors I rubbed them over the raised and not raised areas then wiped a slightly damp towel across the card front.  The paint acts as a resist; mine was probably too dry to really act as a resist but it did give a neat look (IMHO) in real life.

Two looks using the same colors but different mediums.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment