Saturday, September 24, 2016

I wish it was fall all year long

because it's my favorite season of the year!  I love the color palette, the sights, sounds and smells of leaves, pumpkins, ghosts, baled hay, caramel apples, hayrack rides, cornstalks...the list goes on.

Here's my rendition of Tim's September tag...a creative remix of techniques from April 2013 and September 2014.

While I thought the black version was cool and rather looked like a negative, I knew I wanted to try a brighter color palette and Anita Houston's tags gave me the courage to try non-black.

Ranger:  archival ink (ground espresso, sienna, monarch orange); alcohol ink (rust, terra cotta); blending solution; Yupo paper; textured surfaces-burlap; #8 manila tag; distress watercolor cardstock; distress paints (antiqued bronze, tarnished brass, candied apple, fossilized amber, chipped sapphire, forest moss, carved pumpkin); distress markers (peeled paint, wild honey, fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, candied apple, rusty hinge); multi medium-matte

Stampers Anonymous mini layering stencils: 012, 065; Falling Leaves CMS097

Sizzix: fall foliage thinlits dies

Idea-ology: alpha parts; paper string; rub-ons; mini staples

For those who like the larger images....hope this one is easier for you to see!  The smaller size is often required when linking to someone else's blog.


1 comment:

  1. Awe...thank you for the shout out Susan! I LOVE the red...it looks awesome with this technique...the leaves just pop! Gorgeous take...love all the foliage! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete