Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Always & forever

Happy 61st anniversary to dear friends!

On the inside I used a stamp that said 'getting married means sharing your toys'.  While I don't feel rakes can be considered toys I did feel that it conveyed a humorous message to these non-newlyweds who don't do yardwork.

I love the new leaf stencil from Tim!  Over it I placed drywall tape then smudged in distress inks (Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon).  This was done twice to cover the card.  I replaced the stencil and smeared Texture Paste - Transparent Gloss over the stencil, again repeating to cover the card.  Let dry.

Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress stains were spread on my non-stick craft sheet and spritzed with water before I dragged the card front through the stain.

The sentiment was stamped in Coffee Archival Ink onto vellum and covered with Ancient Gold embossing powder.  Carefully heat set so the vellum doesn't brown/burn!  Ranger's Collage Glue Stick does a good job on vellum - can't see it at all!

The rakes and leaves were punched from brown card stock scraps.  Multi Medium (matte) was used to adhere them.

Ranger:  Collage Glue Stick, distress stains (Tumbled Glass, Broken China), distress inks (Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon), Texture Paste (Transparent Gloss), Ancient Gold/Tarnished Gold embossing powder

Stampers Anonymous: stencil THS060, Simple Sayings CMS155

Impression Obsession DIE201-K

Mixed media card stock, unknown leaf punch, drywall tape, unknown yellow & white card stocks, vellum

No comments:

Post a Comment