Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Watercoloring flowers

Gasp...it's past time to use this stamp I thought I just HAD to have...back in 2006!  I stamped the image in Jet Black archival ink on watercolor cardstock.  Plenty of Caran d'Ache watercolor pencils were used to create the layers of color...because one color is never enough!  I also added a bit of white gel pen lines to the tips of the flowers. 

The watercolor cardstock was  layered on to light green paper that was coated with Peeled Paint distress paint (the light green just wasn't enough).  These layers were then put on a piece of gorgeous blue textured card that really picks up the Gentian color scheme.

The card's recipient is a family member who is pretty much confined to a nursing home these days and I just can't get over there to visit as often as I'd like so I hope she enjoys my paper hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment