Sunday, February 14, 2016

In search the world over




I used Watermark Ink on the Traveler stencil; heat set.  From distress watercolor cardstock I cut the Sizzix globe die.  After scribbling the markers on my non-stick craft sheet I picked up the colors with a waterbrush and kept layering (light to dark) until I was happy, heat setting between each color.

The Fiskars hand held heart punch created the tiny heart in the approximate space where we live (east central Illinois).  I stamped my sentiment using the Hero Arts alphabet stamps and JBAI on white cardstock.  The words were cut out and one of the above named blue distress markers was used to draw around the word boxes.

Silver distress paint was applied several times over the gray cardstock scrap to achieve a metal look; Hickory Smoke distress marker was run along the underside of the plane for shadow.  The rest of the sentiment was stamped on more white card stock then cut out and edged as above.  I folded over the one end and ran a snippet of gray embroidery floss to create a banner being flown across the sky.

My hubby and I used to travel a great deal but can no longer do so because of his health.  I hope this brings a smile to his face and some memories of our days abroad.  Happy Valentine's Day!

-Sizzix:  Globe, mini airplane
-Stampers Anonymous:  Traveler stencil
-Fiskars heart punch
-Hero Arts Printer's Type upper/lower case alphabet
-Ranger: Jet Black Archival Ink; distress markers (broken china, mermaid lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso); distress watercolor cardstock; silver distress paint; Watermark Ink
-Miscellaneous:  cardstock (gray, white, red); gray embroidery floss


No comments:

Post a Comment