Saturday, May 9, 2015

It's puzzling...but these are a few of my favorite things

Time for a new challenge!  Claudine has issued a challenge to alter a 24 piece puzzle.  The first week we primed all the pieces with gesso so they'd be ready to go.  It was suggested that we also have a theme in mind so the pieces would flow when finished.  I chose "These are a few of my favorite things."

The first puzzle I found was about the right size but had w-a-y too many pieces.  I also paid too much for 4/package.  Then I hotfooted it to our local thrift store and found the perfect one for 50 cents!  There's a 25th piece plus the frame; how cool is that!?!??
And here are the first two pieces of the puzzle.  I used Studio 490 stamps, stencils, embossing paste and archival inks.




Studio 490 stencils: Honeycomb, 2 Fancy Florals
Studio 490 embossing paste
Studio 490 stamps: Nature's Art, Busy Making Art
 
Ranger:  archival inks (Pale Ochre, Saffron, Dandelion, Orange Blossom, Monarch Orange, Venetian Orange, Fern Green, Potting Soil, Jet Black0; Adirondack Acrylic (Butterscotch); Gold Perfect Pearls
 
Black StazOn; acrylic packaging scrap
 
So find yourself an old puzzle...check out thrift stores, garage sales, your kids' toy boxes or game shelves and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment