Sunday, June 1, 2014

Red roses 4 a blue lady

Uh oh...less than a week to get your entry in to the 3rd challenge that Linda is hosting for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Book 3.  I've had my idea but it just wasn't happening...until I sat down this morning.  Voila!
For the background I inked up the Regal Flourishes Texture Fade (SA) with Snowcap Pigment Ink (R) and pressed it on the tag.  Heat set then added distress inks (R) until I was happy.  I ran the distresser tool around the edges and inked them up with brown distress inks.

I applied Sticky Back Canvas (R) to grungeboard then die cut the mannequin (Sewing Room die-S).  Blue and brown distress inks and markers were used to color it.  My version of a hoop skirt was cut from a piece of thin chipboard covered with HVAC metal tape.  I used the Caged Bird die (S) then cut off the bits I didn't want.  It was embossed using the Regal Flourishes Texture Fade then smeared blue and copper distress paints (R) over it.  It was adhered to the body with Glossy Accents (R).

I cut the shield out of grungeboard (I) using the Regal Crest Die (S); long pieces of greenery were cut from bits of core'dinations card stock (same die).  The shield was colored with various yellow, blue and brown distress inks and paints.  The #4 was cut from card stock scraps using the Wordplay die (S); sand the edges; roughly outline with a gold marker.

The advertisement was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink (R) on thin chipboard and colored with distress markers and ink.  (Adverts CMS101) (SA)

The flourish (Elegant Flourishes) (S) is another scrap of cardstock, sanded and roughly edged with a gold marker.  The rose leaves were cut from more scraps of core'dination (C) card stock (I don't get rid of scraps until they really are quite small!) using the Spring Greenery die (S).

And now for the challenge part of the tag....Faux Tea Roses.  The instructions can be found on pg. 65 of the book.  You'll be using an unexpected die to create this fab look.

Prizes will be awarded to the Curiosity Crew's choice (goodies from Tim & Mario) and to a random winner will go a $50 gift certificate from Inspiration Emporium.  How can you not participate????

(C)  core-dinations
(I)  Idea-ology
(R)  Ranger
(S)  Sizzix
(SA)  Stampers Anonymous

5 comments:

  1. Susan...your tag is beautiful! I have never been a fan of Tim's shield die cut...honestly, I just didn't know how I would use it. But I LOVE what you've done with it here! Your distressing looks amazing on that grungeboard. I love your mannequin cut out of sticky back canvas. Your tea roses are absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've added some leaves and run the garland behind them and the mannequin. Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Susan! I love the soft coloring on the regal crest, and the funky birdcage skirt on your mannequin. So glad you joined us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Susan! I love all the Sticky Back canvas on your manequin and your roses are beautifully done! I love the Regal Crest and the little leaf spray that it cuts. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Susan! LOVE the dressform! And, your roses are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us on this rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Susan, it's beautiful! I love how you used the sticky back canvas, very clever way to use the birdcage and your roses are perfectly distressed! I miss you, hope you are having a nice summer too!

    ReplyDelete