Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

My dad passed away 8 years ago but I have a wonderful step-father who is very special to me.  I was looking on Pinterest for something different and found several cards using a number of these elements so I came up with an idea regarding the special chemistry it takes to be a one-of-a-kind dad.

This card is a full sheet of 8.5" x 11" Bazzill brown card stock folded in half.  Using Watering Can and Tree Branch Archival Inks (R) I stamped all the images from Laboratorie CMS173 (SA) in a random pattern all over the card front.

On black card stock I stamped the text from The Chemist CMS172 (SA) using Snow Cap White Pigment Ink (R).  From brown cardstock I cut a frame for the new chalkboard and ran it through the Woodgrain Texture Fade (SA).  Brown and black distress inks were rubbed over the embossed areas.

The chemist and bottles (SA) were stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink (R) on watercolor paper.  I scribbled on my craft sheet with distress markers and pads (R), picking up the color with a waterbrush pen.  The images were cut out and have foam tape behind them.  I stamped the science table on white cardstock in Watering Can Archival Ink, tore it out and applied brown and black distress inks to the dampened edges.

From a scrap of brown card stock I die cut 'dad' using an old ProvoCraft alpha die.  More brown and black distress inks were applied to the edges; a Black Micron pen was used to enhance the letters.  A medium sized metal-rimmed tag was dipped into leftover distress ink/water on my craft sheet.  The sentiment (Simple Sayings CMS155) was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I blocked off the portions so I could alter the alignment.

(R) = Ranger
(SA) = Stampers Anonymous

My folks go to coffee 6 days a week with a regular bunch.  I hope this makes it to 'show-and-tell'!

No comments:

Post a Comment