Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2014...here you are!  I welcome you with open arms and hope that our journey is fabulous!  Today's tag was created by mostly leftovers (I hate throwing stuff away as my craft room shows!) that I drop into a large plastic bag that I can paw through when looking for just that right element.  The only new piece was the sentiment on the grungeboard box (it was already colored, just not bordered).

I'll tell you what I do know about the leftovers...the gentleman is from Studio 490's Gentleman's Art...the clock is from Studio 490's Rose Art Part 2.  I have no idea where I got the black piece that was stamped using Studio 490's Quality Art in Brass Distress Stain but when I put the clock face on it I was reminded of a grandfather's clock.  '2014' were left over numbers, probably not all the same font, but most likely Sizzix/Tim Holtz dies.  'Happy New Year' is by Jody Poesy (no longer in business) and stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I ran a bead of Black Enamel Accents around it.  Now the gentleman can step on the box and note the hands chiming midnight and 'Happy New Year!'

The tag had already been colored with distress inks so I don't know the color palette.  I did stamp the stars (Celestial Art in Brushed Pewter Distress Stain)  over the top as well as use the Studio 490 stencil Layered Flower where I colored 3 flowers using yellow, orange and red distress inks.  They also reminded me of the fireworks you might see New Year's eve.

This has been posted on Facebook but I'll repeat it here...
 
I wish you all a magical New Year.  May we all face the challenges & gifts we receive in 2014 with a positive approach.  May we love & support each other through the good times, as well as the sad times and most of all.....laugh out loud & have fun!  Humor is a wonderful drug.   While, there have been a lot of life lessons learned this year for me including loss, changes in friendships, lessons in acceptance, patience, forgiveness and faith, this pretty much sums it all up.



4 comments:

  1. Wow ! I love to see out of the box thinking used in artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this the second I saw it on FB!!! That many is perfect here, with that clock! Most excellent New Year tag! Happy new year to you, and may it bring you many blessings of health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan. You are soooo right! The weather outside this morning would make anyone blue! haha If you step out in it, you'll see just how BLUE you will turn! haha I much prefer to stay indoors in my craft room. There is a beautiful blanket of snow out there though...so at least there is something lovely to look at. Your New Years Tag is so cute! I love all of the Wendy elements on it. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, a Jody Poesy stamp! I have some of hers and they are wonderful. Great tag and I so agree with your 2013-14 notions. Weather up here has been frightful. We got over a foot of snow, then that same cold snap. I cleaned out my driveway in 10 minute bouts starting at 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday. Tonight it is 36 degrees and we are expecting 3/4" of RAIN. Hope you & Walt are warm & well. take care -- nise

    ReplyDelete