Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Roses, roses, roses...everything's coming up roses!

Don't know why, maybe the rain, maybe the cooler temperatures but this spring has been stupendous for roses here in our community.  The bushes are just dripping with buds and blooms.  And when the red ones in my neighbor's backyard peek their faces through the white picket fence...ah, it's just heavenly!  Please ignore the mess in their backyard...they're still planting their containers and are a bit disorganized.







So when a local scrapbook store announced a jar or bottle decorating contest I couldn't help but think of the bottle I made last year with red roses adorning the front.  Well, I just got a call announcing that I'd won 1st place and that a $50 store gift certificate was waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And you know those new Susan Tierney Cockburn flower dies by Sizzix?  They'll be the first things in my shopping basket!  Thank you to the judges for selecting my artwork!


2 comments:

  1. beautiful yard and fabby bottle--hope you win the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was absolutely gorgeous, and there's no reason you shouldn't have won! Huge congrats! Can't wait to hear what you buy!

    ReplyDelete