Wow, this month is flying by and I am just now getting to work on my version of Tim's May tag. I used stamps from the Calendar 1 and Oddities sets. I did use the same color palette knowing full well that my background would look nothing like his.
I didn't have the enamel tags but created my own version using a fragment charm. I edged the back side of the charm with black distress paint; let dry. Then I kept adding enough white distress paint until I was satisfied with the coverage. Let dry, turn over and proceed with the steps in Tim's step-by-step tutorial.
The calendar was stamped in Jet Black archival ink onto white shrink plastic that had been colored with similar colors. It's held in place with a hinge clip.
Note to self: these rub-ons are stickier than others I've used and sometimes the whole sheet would stick when I didn't want them to.