Thursday, July 5, 2012

Time well spent

Like so much of the United States, it's too blasted hot to do anything but stay indoors.  Many communities cancelled their celebrations.  So it was off to my happy spot to see what 'spoke' to me.  Ah, still scraps on my work table from the wood fireworks.  And I knew I still had some chunky ATCs out in the garage just waiting to be used.  This time I stamped the Pledge of Allegiance on the sheet music in red ink.  Instead of pipe cleaners I used the ribbons I'd died that didn't work out for the other fireworks.  On the reverse side is a scrap from Tim's 'Seasonal Stash' on kraft core'dinations.  I also added the number '4' cut from kraft core'dinations using Tim's WordPlay die.  Otherwise I made it like the others.





When Tim shared his July tag for this year I was in love with his idea but didn't want to copy.  Since our trees are so distressed with lack of rain and all the heat, many are losing their leaves.  Hence, fall was represented on my tag.
Tim's Falling Leaves stamp set (Jet Black, Coffee, Olive archival inks)

Ranger:  Lettuce, Butterscotch, Terra Cotta alcohol inks; Walnut Stain distress ink; Old Paper, Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint distress stains; Terra Cotta, Gold paint dabbers; Crackle Medium

Kraft core'dinations; Sizzix 'Word Play' and 'Tattered Leaves' dies, unknown leaf charm; Token (Idea-ology); orange twine; #8 manilla tag









We're in this weather pattern until early next week.  Looks like I'll get more time in my art space.  Sure hope my mojo hasn't left for cooler climes...like the Alps or somewhere chilly!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tags Susan! Love the 4th of July one, and the fall one is spectacular!
    Ya, we could use a break from this heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chunkies are fabulous!!! Magazine worthy I tell ya! Love the fall splatter tag. That leaf is great as well. We are under a major drought as well, but thankfully the trees are still green. I pray you get rain soon!

    ReplyDelete