Yeah, this poor reindeer has had enough of the heat so it's trying to escape into December. It may be that soon before we get much relief. And hopefully we'll get a measurable snowfall this winter.
StudioL3 blog. The technique Linda chose is Enameled Metals and can be found on pg. 56 in Tim's 2nd book.
The calendar page uses the chosen technique. I'd already cut the grungeboard reindeer when I decided I wanted to flock it. If I'd thought this out better, I would have had double-stick tape on the grungeboard first. Now I'm left with smearing glue on it then dumping on the flocking. Of which I didn't have enough of any one color and the stuff wouldn't mix so I just did the best I could. Hence, it looks like the poor thing is shedding or has a skin disease. Another afterthought was to add a bit of black paint to the feet so you could see the hooves.
The wreath is actually a wired fringe that was tan so I colored it with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. Perfect! Added a tiny bow of coordinating 1/8" ribbon and I was thrilled.
The 'Merry Christmas' ticket is from Tim's Odds & Ends stamp set; stamped on scrap paper; crumpled and distressed. The holly leaves are Tim's mini ones; creased and distressed. The berries were cut from a a scrap of paper that had been covered with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I used a regular sized hole punch then turned them upside down on a foam pad and rounded them with a ball on a stick. For the life of me I can't remember the proper name for that tool.
WeRMemoryKeepers green gromlets were distressed with sandpaper and Jet Black Archival Ink. They hold the calendar page to the green background. I chose grosgrain ribbon for my hanger.
I'm hoping that by creating works of art that are for upcoming seasons I can think it's cooler than it really is.