Monday, October 17, 2016

October tag remix

Have you tried the latest remix of techniques that Tim Holtz shared on his monthly blog post for the 12 tags of 2016?  While the first technique left me feeling kind of 'meh' I had much more fun playing with the second one.

Here's a list of the items I used to create my version of this month's tag.

Stampers Anonymous CMS 236 Crazy Talk, CMS 140 Mini Halloween

Idea-ology: long fasteners, Regions Beyond Paper Stash

Sizzix:  pumpkin mini mover & shaker, Candlelight Bigz 660029, Garden Greens thinlits 661206, Dot-trix texture fade, Rulers texture fade, Swirls texture fade

Ranger:  distress crayons (Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Picket Fence), distress paint (Forest Moss, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Walnut Stain, Black Soot), distress collage medium (matte), distress embossing ink, Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE), Glossy Accents, distress collage medium (crazing), Peeled Paint distress marker (witch's face); Vintaj patina paints

Miscellaneous:  green gem (pupil of large background eye), witch's hat charm, silver foil tape, card stock scraps, ribbon scraps

***

I didn't have any Halloween ephemera so I took a sheet from the paper stash, cut it up, arranged the small tiles then glued them down and continued with the process.  The UTEE was used to create the faux enamel label.  The charm was all silver but I v-e-r-y carefully painted it using Vintaj patina paints (black, a yellow, a green and an orange).  And it is sized perfectly to fit the woman's head.  I know the candle should also be yellows and oranges instead of the black but it just wasn't showing up very well.  And I didn't care for the drips when I did them in black.

Here's the tag in a slightly larger size.  Maybe you can see the details a bit easier.


1 comment:

  1. Love the green faced witch and idea of using the ruler for the candle - so clever!

    ReplyDelete