Oh my gosh...what a lot of work...but LOVE the results!!!!!!!!!!! This is my version of Tim Holtz's Haunted Mansion. (If you want/need to see larger photos jlmk and I can email them to you.)
I watched Tim's latest video (on today's blog) after I had completed my house and was waiting for everything to set up. My roof was shingled before I added the tower. I didn't start out with 110# cardstock but with the black posterboard so I could create texture directly onto the pieces.
The tower was painted in the distress paint colors listed below once I had stamped 'All Cracked Up' in clear embossing ink and heat set with clear powder. Looks like old stonework, doesn't it?
No mica could I find in my stash so I created 'glass' out of old Sizzix packaging and alcohol inks. The lower part of the smoke stacks were covered in the stucco, wrapped in gauze then letting it all air dry before I added some Forest Moss, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot distress inks to bring out the texture.
Before assembling the chimneys I traced around the bricks using the white Sharpie then colored them in. I wanted a base layer so I could add the pigment inks over them. I was afraid on the black posterboard they wouldn't stand out. Before the ink could dry I sprinkled clear embossing powder over them; heat set then assembled.
Both roofs were a light green paper that I covered with the distress paints - Forest Moss (let dry), Hickory Smoke (a bit less, let dry) and Milled Lavender (even less, let dry). IRL this is a really sharp look and rather eery...like moss-covered stone work. Over the lower roof I stamped the reflections (text in Hickory Smoke and numbers in Black Soot distress inks). Adds interest without really being able to determine what is on the shingles. The mansard roof was run through the Notebook texture fade then covered with the same paints. Again, the colors IRL are just really neat looking...IMHO.
The windows and rings around the upper windows were painted with Hickory Smoke distress paint (just dabbed it on unevenly with my fingers) and stamped the Marble Cube using Black Soot distress ink over it. Up close it really looks like marble...as least as real as it gets using paper and paint!
The doors were covered with distress woodgrain cardstock (distress stains and distress crayons to color them). The door handles are long fasteners and jump rings...so glad the scale was just perfect!
The ghosts I edged with Pumice Stone and Black Soot distress inks then covered with the crazing medium. Once dry I smooshed Hickory Smoke distress ink all over them. A flickering tea light was put under the house and voila! I'm ready for some trick-or-treaters!
Here are the items I used to create my spook-tacular haunted house...
Stampers Anonymous: Studio 490/All Cracked Up WVBG030: Tim Holtz/Reflections CMS111
Idea-ology: long fasteners, jump rings (door handle/knocker)
Ranger: distress inks (Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Hickory Smoke); distress paint (Hickory Smoke, Forest Moss, Milled Lavender); distress crayons (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Walnut Stain); distress stains (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain); distress embossing ink and clear embossing powder; Texture Paste (Transparent Matte); archival inks (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke); Micro Glaze; Adirondack pigment inks (Sunset Orange, Mushroom, Terra Cotta, Red Pepper); distress woodgrain card stock; distress collage medium (crazing); alcohol inks (Mushroom, Caramel, Blending Solution)
Sizzix: Village Dwelling 660992, Village Manor 661591, Notebook texture fade, Wood Planks texture fade, mini stencil 038 Bricked, ghost trio die cut (courtesy of The Funkie Junkie)
Miscellaneous: Stampendous Marble Cube stamp TC01, Liquitex Ceramic Stucco, gauze, plastic packaging, black posterboard, white Sharpie pen, skull beads (courtesy of The Funkie Junkie), pumpkins (purchased from The Funkie Junkie)
I sure hope that covers everything! Both my workspaces are an absolute chaotic mess right now! lol