Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love decorating my vintage potato masher for the holidays!  It rests on doilies (also coordinated with the seasons) that my grandmother made.  My mom won't relinquish grandma's masher so I had to go buy my own.
*Sizzix:  Bow-Tied, Spring Greenery, Tiny Tattered Florals
*Ranger:  distress paint, stains (Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive, Cracked Pistachio)
*Martha Stewart punches (fern, small branch)

I plopped, smeared and distressed all the Ranger products all over one #8 tag.  From that I was able to cut out all seven flowers and managed to master the little coiling tool that comes with the dies.  Yay!  A one inch wide band was put on the handle first and the layers built up on it.  I want to be able to change it out for another spring look soon.

The counted cross-stitch heart I made many, many moons ago and have one for each month.  Sometimes I just add a simple bow to the handle but when I got my Mini Tattered Florals die I knew immediately what I was going to do first.

No comments:

Post a Comment