Sunday, January 3, 2016

Words of comfort

My husband lost a cousin just before Christmas.  My usual themes for a sympathy card weren't right for this time of year so I decided to go with a more traditional holiday look.

The base card is white and I've narrowly trimmed a second piece of the same cardstock for the top layer.  I dry embossed it using Sizzix Tall Pines folder.

On a scrap of the same white cardstock I stamped DRS Designs' In Sympathy in Jet Black Archival Ink.  Around the edges I added tiny evergreen sprigs and pine cones using Impression Obsession DIE097-M with green and brown cardstocks.  Before I removed the pine cones I added a bit of brown distress ink (whatever was on the pad) over the petals for depth.

I don't think anyone enjoys making sympathy cards but I find that using something that reminds me of the individual, whether it be a hobby or a favorite color, can be a big help.  If these don't work then go with a seasonal theme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment