Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hoping for a better day

than the one this crazy bird is experiencing.  I saw a similar card on Pinterest and knew I had to recreate it.

The base card is red Bazzle; the next layer is white card stock that was run through the Checkerboard Texture Fade (inked with brown distress ink).  I edged the layer with more brown and black distress inks.

The bird was inked with Jet Black Archival and stamped twice onto watercolor cardstock.  I used the coordinating die to cut him out.  Clear Rock Candy distress stickles was used on his eyes; Fired Brick distress stickles on his wings and head feathers.  His beak and wings were elevated with tiny foam dots.

I colored white card stock with Hickory Smoke distress ink; heat set then colored again with Brushed Pewter distress ink; heat set again.  Stamped Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers can in Watering Can archival ink; cut out; edge with brown and black distress inks.

Using a small Vial Label I wrote 'chicken soup' with a black Fude Ball pen.  While cutting it down to size the ink smeared.  So I continued dabbing at the label so it would look intentional.  Then I heat set it before applying it to the can.

On a scrap of water color card stock I traced around a Claudine Hellmuth stencil of word bubbles.  I inked 'Marty???' using Hero Arts alphabet stamps and Jet Black archival ink.  I added a bit of brown and black distress ink to shade the edge.

I edged the Adage Ticket with brown and black distress inks then crumpled it before adding it behind the tin can.

A friend is going through a rough patch; I hope this brings a smile to her face.

1 comment: