Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What's 1"x1.25"x1.5"

A very mini village dwelling made from shrink plastic!

Once the plastic had been cut I removed all tabs and cut each piece apart.  I.e. the two house pieces became four, the roof was cut in half as was the front porch roof.  The crossbars on the end windows didn't hold up nor did the open front door.  The roof section that had a gap on one edge had to be enlarged with an emery board so it would fit better. 

I created a square from a narrow strip of clear packaging so I could adhere each side of the house to it using Glossy Accents.  Now shrink plastic doesn't shrink evenly so there were gaps that I really couldn't live with.  I used some modeling stucco to cover the house.  A bit of Black Soot distress paint was added to a bit more modeling stucco for the roof.

This certainly was not the easiest construction project I've tackled.  And I'm not sure I'd do it again but it was one of those things I just had to try for myself to see if I could and how it would look.  I do enjoy using shrink plastic with many of Tim's dies.  I just have to remember that if there's a delicate piece it's most likely not going to be stable and might break off during the cutting or it will warp horribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment