Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Artfully autumn

It's finally here...the autumnal equinox!  My favorite time of year...the colors of nature as she sheds her layers to make way for winter, the smells of walking on brittle leaves, apples fresh picked from the orchard, pumpkin pie cooling on the counter.  Bring it all on!  I am ready!!!

Tim's September tag was a bit colorful for me so I toned it down to match my style and my love for fall.  Although butterflies currently abound in my flowers I'm ready to concentrate on raking leaves.

Here are some of the items I used to create my version of this month's tag.  #8 manila tag, glossy card stock, black paper, frosted film; Fossilized Amber and Ground Espresso distress spray stains; Copper Mixative, Butterscotch, Ginger, Red Pepper, Denim, Pesto and Stream alcohol inks; Potting Soil and Jet Black archival inks; translucent embossing paste; woodgrain stencil; Falling Leaves CMS097 stamp set; token, long fasteners, copper beading wire, Glossy Accents, Black Soot distress marker, silk ribbon

Tim introduced some fun ideas that I hope to incorporate into some seasonal cards for shut-ins in my community.  I am now officially ready to decorate my home for the season.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Susan! I went rather bold but love your take on it Karen x

    ReplyDelete