Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Revolvers and Pistolas...

A very good friend has penned a new book, 'Revolvers and Pistolas, Vaqueros and Caballeros'.  While it's a fairly dry read for me (I usually read murder mysteries), I did learn quite a bit about the debunking of the Old West and Mexico's role in establishing the United States as we know it. 

One interesting fact I uncovered was that the writer of the Zorro stories was from Illinois; Chillicothe and Ottawa, to be exact.  Both are within a 2 hour drive from me.  Who knew????  I certainly didn't.  I wonder if either town shares the knowledge with its residents?

I wanted to send the author my congrats on the book and let him know of the valuable lessons I learned.  Here's the card I sent.
The woodgrain embossing folder (brown Core'dinations cardstock) is from Tim Holtz's collection of designs.  The stamp in the lower left corner is by Stampin' Up (brown and black distress inks); the upper right one is by Sunday International (Jet Black Archival Ink, distress markers on watercolor paper).  I've had some gun brads in my embellishments drawer for ages; not many occasions arise for them but felt this was the perfect one.  A bit of brown twine was twisted to resemble a lariat.

Have you read a good book lately that made you think differently, or opened your eyes, about a subject?

1 comment: