Last week was a bye (sports term...should be a clue!) for those participating in the Altered Playing Card challenge hosted by Claudine. This week she chose to feature digistamps...of which I've never used nor had I thought I would ever use them. But I went searching for some free images and found quite a few cutesy people but not really what I had in mind. Then I found them. Owls! The light bulb came on. Perfect!
Our high school's mascot is Sammy Sage. The football team won the first round of state playoffs so we'll be hosting the #1 team in our bracket this afternoon. So I followed along with Claudine's tutorial but using our school colors and the 2 digistamps I found via Pinterest.
The first card was bright and bold and featured some lines that had been etched into the gesso before it dried. Mine made me think of a scoreboard while Claudine's were circular and became flowers.
gesso'd playing card; Tsukineko Fireworks sprays in Dandelion and Grape Jelly; Black Fude Ball pen; Hero Art stamps; Prismacolor pencils
The second card was covered with distress paint, stenciled and spritzed. It also has some snippets of tissue paper.
gesso'd playing card; distress paint and ink; Woodgrain stencil; TH tissue paper; rickrack, Prismacolor pencils; Hero Art stamps; Jet Black archival ink; Sizzix branch die
It will be a tough game but the team says its up for the challenge.