Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy 25th anniversary!

One of my sisters is celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary so I wanted to make a special card for her and her husband.

The base card is white, there's a sage green layer and a patterned paper layer.

I made 2 cuts from the Lattice on-the-edge die; one green, the other white.  The green one was run through an embossing folder and topped with silver distress paint.  The white one was colored with silver distress paint.  Both were run through the Xyron.  I really like how these look overlapped.

Love the new Alphanumeric die set.  I covered a white scrap with more silver distress paint, ran it through my small Xyron, then cut out 'Embrace'. 

Isn't this Layered Butterfly gorgeous?  I cut it out of white paper then colored it with various blue and green distress ink, a bit of brown, then highlighted the raised areas with the silver distress paint and also heat embossed some silver powder.  The butterfly has a bit of foam tape beneath the body and hinges were made from recycled packaging so the wings would stay up.

Happy anniversary, S3!

1 comment: