Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lucky me!

I was a recent winner on theartfulmaven's blog.  While I sent an email letting her know the prize package of awesomeness had arrived I always like to follow up with a snail mail proper thank you note.
On husk colored card stock I pounced Iced Spruce through the Bubble stencil then smeared Wild Honey on the Arrows stencil; spritzed it with water then placed it on the card, pressing carefully and wiping with a towel.  (Reverse look, cool, huh?)  Still using the Arrows stencil, I pounced Barn Door through the dotted arrow to form the bottom border.  This is an A2 card front so they lined up so neatly, just like little soldiers should!

The Petal Drop die was in the prize package so I wanted to incorporate it somehow.  Previously I had smeared distress ink on the Burlap stencil, spritzed it then placed it a piece of manilla card stock.  Cool, the reverse look!  I was able to cut 2 petals; edged them with Walnut Stain distress ink.  To one I stamped 'me' in Barn Door using CMS156 Worn Text by Stampers Anonymous.  The other I ran through the new debossing folder from the Authentic set then traced the shadow with my Barn Door distress marker.

Thank you, Anita, for such a super prize package!  And thanks to Ranger for all their awesome inks and to Stampers Anonymous for great stamps and Sizzix for their stencils and folders!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your win! It is sweet of you to send her a card. Cool techniques.
    dianne

    ReplyDelete