Monday, April 28, 2014

New retiree

A friend has just retired...and this stamp hasn't seen ink in quite a while.
The card is green, the middle layer black (very thin border of it shows) and the top layer is an oatmeal color.

On the top layer I used distress inks (crushed olive, peeled paint, forest moss, scattered straw and wild honey) over Studio 490 stencils (Dots & Stripes Borders, 3 Flourishes).  In the center I stamped the sentiment (PSX G-2486) in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I smeared brushed corduroy distress ink across my craft sheet and sprayed water on it.  With a paint brush I picked up some of the diluted ink and flicked it across the card front.

A Martha Stewart flower punch was used on oatmeal colored ribbon.  The top two layers were colored in scattered straw and wild honey; the third was cut into pieces and colored with peeled paint for the leaves.  A small orange brad was used for the flower center.  I sanded it before pushing it through the flowers then gave it a good whack with the hammer to flatten it.

I wonder how my friend will spend her time...gardening, reading, grandparenting....only time will tell!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Susan. Looked at some of your other work on your blog and you have been busy! Retirement is a lovely thought but I think it is a ways off for me. Sigh. would love to have more art time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...You've done Wendy proud with this card. It's so pretty! Your friend will love this very special card. I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my CC3C triptych. I can't wait to see what you come up with. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete