Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Archaeology dig

I'm a member of a bulletin board where the recent topic of discussion has been about all the ancient stuff we never use any more.  One of the members challenged the group to use a tool, stamp, technique or ingredient that has NOT been used or done for at least 5 years.  So, I'm going 'old school' with this 10.75" square scrapbook layout.

Once upon a time (late 1990's) I road-tripped with 2 friends from NJ to numerous stamp conventions in the northeast.  On one such trip I found these really cool packages of EcoAfrica scrapbooking kits by ProvoCraft.  Each kit contains handmade papers, fibers, beads, metal embellishments, etc.  At the time I was very much into items from other countries as my husband traveled the globe for his job.  Into my shopping basket they went.  Only to be buried under mountains of other things I just had to have.  You know how that goes.


***Qualifying items for this challenge:  EcoAfrica scrapbooking kit, Color Box stamping guide, Rollagraph, Stampin'Up Heart of Africa wheel, Prismacolor pencils, animal stamps (U-2280, U-2284) from Art Impressions, and a Repeat Impressions map stamp (5419)

Other items used:  Ranger distress and archival inks, Sizzix mini mover & shapers globe, numerous card stocks

3 comments:

  1. This is GREAT, Susan! Really like that "hope all is well in your little piece of the world". Wishing you warmth and sunshine, especially if you continue to unearth other long forgotten treasures. nise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...as I was redding your post I could so replace you with me !!! Haha. I too have the "I have to have that NOW" disease! I cannot even begin to count the "stuff" I had to gave at the moment and now it sits. But get rid of it??? Never!! I just might decide to do something with it sometime! You never know! Haha. Your layout is awesome! If it is any consolation....I love the things from your kit that you used! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts! Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! You definitely turned these old school into new school! Love the items you used and the design you made! Tribal fun!!!

    ReplyDelete