Sunday, September 8, 2013

I'm a visionary

No, if that was the case I'd probably know what was going to happen at my doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be finding out if the time is right to have my cataracts removed.  My vision is getting blurrier, even during the day.  Night time driving is out of the question.  I'm scared that if I have to wait my husband's health may take a turn and I won't be able to help him.  I'm his sole caregiver and need to be on top of my game at all times.

So I guess with all my anxieties about the outcome of the appointment, it's only fitting that I chose to feature eye related items on my version of Tim Holtz' September tag this year.

Supplies:  TH stencils (006, 008, 009, 010, 011); Studio 490 white embossing paste; Distress Stains (Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Tarnished Brass); Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Walnut Stain, Black Soot); Distress Paint (Picket Fence); Jet Black Archival Ink;  Stamp set (Oddities CMS 083); unknown alphabet

I decided to use the same color palette as Tim's because it was out of my comfort zone.  I had to create my own chit chat stickers out of kraft card stock.  The optical lens dangling from the ribbon was a find at a local antique store as was the eye glass lens over the eye.









I was still in the mood to try these same techniques so I picked out my preferred color palette of fall (yellows, oranges, reds, touch of gray-green, and brown).

Supplies:  TH stencils (001, 007, 008, 010, 012, 013); TH stamps (Calendar 2, Mini Halloween 2); Distress Stains (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Tarnished Brass); Distress Paint (Picket Fence); Distress Inks (Peeled paint, Black Soot, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain); Studio 490 white embossing paste; Martha Stewart witch punch; EK Success thumb punches (cat, bat); Idea-ology (skull & crossbones)













What do you see when you play with stains like this?  Do you choose your color palette first and see what stamps call to you?  Do you choose your stamps and then your color palette?  Or do you just randomly grab and see what happens?  No matter which way you choose, have fun and let it just happen!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, awesome tag with the eye theme. It certainly expresses what's on your mind. Good luck at your eye appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tags! Yep, not your usual colors! lol... hope the appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete