Friday, April 13, 2012

Rusted enamel

This week's challenge on the Simon Says Stamp & show blog was to show a Lord Tim technique.  When I think of Tim's technique 'rusted enamel' it makes me remember previous antiquing trips, pawing through boxes of old graniteware cooking utensils.  I love the white with red trim and the beige with green trim.  And I have a few pieces of white with black trim but most of them are outside.  I've even seen a few white pieces with turquoise trim...hence my color choice for this technique.

Sizzix: mini key & keyhole dies, keyhole dies

Stamp (Jet Black archival ink) from Curiosities

Ranger:  Broken China, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain distress inks; Antique Bronze distress stickles, Latte, Ginger, Copper Mixative alcohol inks

Sophisticated Finishes:  Rust Antiquing Solution, Iron Metallic Surfacer (used on the lock - irl it really looks like an old rusty lock)

Miscellaneous:  screen scrap, ribbons, brads

1 comment:

  1. Susan....your tag looks like the pieces parts came right outta an antique store!!! JUST LOVE IT!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete