Sunday, April 15, 2012

Multi-tasking tag

I'm hoping I can win a set of Tim's Distress Markers with this tag.  Absolutely Everything issued a challenge to the ATT members to create a piece of art with a focus on any of Tim's techniques.  This tag incorporates two of Tim's techniques (Wrinkle Free Distress and Water Stamping) as well as one of my own discoveries.

I have quite a few magnetic business cards or ads on hand and wanted to make some refrigerator magnets for my neighbor.  As you can see, this one had the mini bunny cut from it.  But before the die met the magnet I coated the ad with Claudine Hellmuth's white gesso, dried it, then smeared Espresso paint dabber over it...the bunny was going to have brown felt over it and wanted to make sure the edges would be dark.  Well, lo and behold, the paint dabber crackled and I loved the effect so much I didn't use the felt at all.  And of course I rarely throw anything away so the negative image became part of the focal point of this tag.  Cool, huh?

If you look closely, some of the water stamping follows the rabbit's outline, including the line between the ears.  Neat and not planned!



*Stampers Anonymous:  text (Artful Things), flourish
*Sizzix: mini bunny die, Collage texture fade (leaves), tattered leaves

*Spellbinders: floral die

*Ranger:  Espresso paint dabber; Jet Black and Saffron archival inks; Caramel, Meadow and Gold Mixative alcohol inks; Glossy Accents; too numerous to mention distress inks

*Misc.:  Martha Stewart ribbons, magnetic advertising card, brads, soda can (leaves)

1 comment: