Saturday, May 27, 2017

Recognizing the local school nurse

I know, I know I'm late but better late than never.  Life just hasn't been the same since I lost my husband 2 months ago.  My brain is cloudy and my schedule not what it was...or even will be.

Nurses Week was May 7-13; school nurses were recognized on the 10th.  My sister is the school nurse for our district (3 elementary schools, a middle school and a high school).  Did you know that school nurses are also educators?  She often gives talks to students and staff on health issues and safety matters.

Her husband always asks me to create a special card for her.  Lacking mojo and any more nursing-related stamps that I had, I opted to just let things happen.

Again, no specific details but plenty of Sizzix (Stampers Anonymous-Tim Holtz) stencils and dies were used as well as Ranger-Tim Holtz distress inks and distress oxide inks.  The tiny birds are from punch (unknown manufacturer).  The flower centers were colored with Wendy Vecchi's new enamel accents (brown and yellow).

I also created a pocket tag for my brother-in-law (family practice physician) to wear.  The bottom is magnetized so that it would stay closed in his pocket.  He loved it as did everyone else.

Black and white cardstocks, Sizzix-Stampers Anonymous-Tim Holtz decorative strip die (white cardstock ran through Xyron first for easier application)

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I am just catching up on your blog. I LOVE this card!! It is absolutely beautiful. Your sister is so lucky to have received it.

    ReplyDelete