Sunday, October 4, 2015

Another sympathy card

Sadly I had the need to create another sympathy card.  The woman worked for a florist at one time so I thought watercoloring some of Tim's stamps from 'Flower Garden' CS215 would be perfect.

Jet Black Archival Ink was used to stamp the coneflower image on to watercolor paper.  I created a mask onto a scrap piece of paper so I could add additional flowers.  Distress markers (Hickory Smoke, Aged Mahogany, Victorian Veltet, Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso) were used to color the flowers...LOVE this look!  I always use at least 3 shades of the color for plenty of dimension.

The floral layer is on a layer of green Bazzill cardstock which is on top of another green Bazzill cardstock base card.  I found an old Sizzix die to create my tag out of watercolor paper.  A bit of pink silk ribbon finishes the tag.  With a flick of the wrist and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and water I created spatters for a softer look.  A bit of shading (more Hickory Smoke d. i. and water) finishes the card.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured, I am trying to resist Distress Markers but whenever you use them I've fallen in love with the colouring: this is gorgeous and classy Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - this is absolutely beautiful! I tend to go way to "dark" with sympathy cards and this one is light & airy and gives such a warm feeling. Well done!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Susan!!! I love these flower stamps of Tim's. You have really done such a beautiful job on coloring them and I love the pink on the white background. Just beautiful! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete