Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall...my favorite time of year! (2nd post of the day)

It's the first full day of fall...gorgeous blue skies, gentle breezes, warm sunshine.  Perfect weather for decorating for my favorite season!

The old window frame came from my neighbor's childhood home that was recently razed.  It's sitting atop an old rusty milk crate.  The wreath is rusty barbed wire; my sister cross-stitched the bow.  The floral decoration on the side is pre-made (last year's purchase) and was just what I wanted.  The old shovel is bent and quite old; it's been painted on and has a floral garland wrapped around the handle.  An old pair of work gloves adorns the handle; they, too, have been painted to fit the season.  I wired the small crow to the top of the window frame so it wouldn't blow away.  Added some faux pumpkins, gourds and leafy garlands and I'm ready to say....Happy fall, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. This is the look I want on my porch, so fresh and cool. I need to get my porch done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Susan! Fall is definitely my season! :)

    ReplyDelete