Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Little things...big things

Swaps without parameters can be difficult.  And everyone involved is so artsy-fartsy in their own rights.  The pressure was on.  I must say I struggled with this for quite a while but now I have some tag bases and ideas that won't go to waste!

I took the packaging from inside a Tim Holtz stencil and cut it in the tag shape using the Tag & Bookplate die*.  It was covered with gesso.  Through the Numbered stencil I sponged yellow, orange and red distress inks.  Through the Clockwork stencil I sponged a brown distress ink.

Across the bottom I stamped the Dylusions border in Fern Green archival ink.  The Hero Arts tree was colored with distress markers.  The mini movers & shapers bird was cut from black card stock and overstamped with Picket Fence distress paint and a text stamp.

At the top I positioned the Studio 490 Lovely Leaves stencils and filled it with Studio 490 Crackle Embossing Paste that I had colored with Fern Green re-inker.  Let dry then replace the stencil and color with darker green and brown distress inks.


Around the edge of the tag I scribbled a graphite pencil then smeared the lines with my finger.  The same was done under the leaves to provide shading.

On orange Bazzill card stock I stamped the Dylusions sentiment in Jet Black archival ink.  Cut out and edge with brown distress ink.  The strips were adhered and Black Enamel Accents created 3 drops that I pulled away from the...just to be different.

* I use this die a lot and it shows.  The die separated from the base plate.  Oops!  Called Sizzix and after a brief description of the problem and a photo to back up the description a new on is on the way.  Thank you Sizzix!  By the way...now I have an extra base plate to use with my movers & shapers.  I'm doubly happy now!


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful tag, Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially love how the leaves look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was AWESOME...and I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete