Friday, November 29, 2013

Giving thanks

Today I'm giving thanks for all that I have.  I am not a Black Friday shopper, not even from my computer.  We don't exchange gifts so that helps.  But there's nothing I really need or want so sales haven't even tempted me.  Boy, is my husband surprised!  But pleased!

I still am struggling with cheaters (cheap reading glasses) so it took several days to make this adorable little milk carton that showcases Tim's efforts with Sizzix that embrace fall and Ranger's awesome coloring mediums.  Thank you!!!!






















The unadorned milk carton is about 1 1/2" square and 3 1/2" tall.

 Sizzix (Tim Holtz) dies: Tattered Leaves mini movers & shapers, Autumn Gatherings decorative strip die, Typeset decorative strip die

Sizzix Milk Carton Box thinlits die

Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) Mini Blueprints 5 (Wheat)

Ranger:  distress inks, distress stains, distress markers, Jet Black Archival Innk

Miscellaneous:  watercolor paper, Bazzill card stock, raffia

My eye exam is next Friday.  I can't wait to hear what my new vision is in the terms of numbers.  And I hope he can prescribe reading glasses that will be better for me than using discount store plastic lenses.  These are okay for quick reads, but not a long term solution.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog this morning. I stopped by your blog and wanted to say that your Sizzix milk carton is so cute! I love the Thanksgiving theme with the leaves and the pretty acorns. Very nicely done! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! Love how you colored those gorgeous leaves.

    ReplyDelete