Thursday, November 1, 2012

Through the looking glass and more clean up

There's been quite a bit of focus on Wendy Vecchi and her line of Studio 490 products recently.  And it's about time!  That woman has some really cool ideas, stamps, Art Parts, stencils and so much more.  I decided to pay homage to my fave lady by creating a looking glass using Art Parts.

A small piece was removed from the watch part base so the lamp post would fit inside like a handle and be more stable.  The lamp post and pocket watch (frame and base) were colored with distress markers.  Then I did a Faux Tarnished Silver technique to the frame, ala Shelly Hickox.  She's posted the instructions at Splitcoaststampers

The base of the watch part was colored with Picket Fence and Pewter Distress Stains.  Heat set.  The eye (An Eye For Art) was stamped in Jet Black Archival.  I g-e-n-t-l-y colored the eye using distress markers.  Note:  since the base color and the markers are dye based, they will bleed.  Yes, they will.  I had to go over a few lines with a Micron pen.  I added distress stickles to the colored part of the eye and a black flat-back gem to the pupil.  Let dry.  GOBS of Glossy Accents was added to the watch.  While it was drying I added some Beadazzles by Suze Weinberg to the handle.  Oops...some went into the glass.  Drats.  Okay, so add a few more so it looks like I did it on purpose.  Please note, I did NOT place the gold one directly in the center of the pupil.  That was purely coincidence!  A bit of gold marker on the handle and here's looking at you, Wendy!

And for the clean up portion of the post...I still had a remnant of the Halloween Shadows strip die (Tim and Sizzix) on my desk.  Hey, it fits perfectly around a battery-operated tea light!  NOW my desk is clean...at least for the moment.  lol
From the front

From the top



I'm taking an Art Journaling class under the tutelage of Wendy on Saturday at The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.  While I've dabbled with this medium just a tiny bit, I'm so excited to be learning more about it from one of the masters.  AND she has something new to share...can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool! I'm in love with that looking glass...wonderful project!!!

    ReplyDelete