Sunday, October 17, 2010

A night on the town

Normally I don't do fancy and I don't do glitz but this piece just kind of happened anyway.  Over on Simon Says Stamp and Show this week's theme was all about metal.  I managed to use some form of metal in 7(*) of my components. 

The background is Duck Faux Metal Easy Liner (*) that was run through the Allegro embossing folder then wrapped around a 5"x7" piece of chipboard.  It already has an adhesive on the back. 

The next layer is grungeboard, with a sheet of text adhered, painted over with the Pearl Paint Dabber, Wendy's background leafy vine stamped in archival olive, then edged with the Silver Paint Dabber(*). 

Ten Seconds Studio Barn Red Metal sheet (*) was cut to size and run through SU's Manhattan Floral embossing folder.  Tim's handy dandy palm sander took the ink off the raised portion of the image very easily. 

I gathered some lace and adhered it to the back of the roses.  I strung my own pearls and created a rather stylish dinner ring from a bead and silver ring(*).   I cut apart a teabag envelope from Harrods and glued it behind the jewelry box key(*). 

Wendy's Cass Opera House was stamped onto the back of a soda can(*).  It's hard to see in the photo but there are 2 strands of silver beads(*) shooting up behind the opera ticket.  The grungeboard layer was elevated using a scrap piece of chipboard.

4 comments:

  1. You may not do fancy or glitz, but you sure did work it into this nice creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, Susan! Very elegant, as a matter of fact! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Susan!! Elegant glitz indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pocket! Thanks for playing along wth imon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete